Shopping for groceries can be a hassle for some seniors due to the physical and mental demands. Today, we will go over some shopping service options to make your grocery store trip easier.
Physical Difficulties of Grocery Shopping for the Elderly
Grocery shopping for elderly adults can be difficult due to the following physical activities.
- Lifting heavy bags
- Bending and reaching for items
- Reading small labels
- Pushing shopping carts
- Walking and standing for a long period of time
- Driving a vehicle to and from the store
Furthermore, shopping involves using mental aspects, and memory may deteriorate with age.
Medications and other chronic diseases can also impact a senior’s ability to shop. Be wary of side effects when performing specific tasks. Using a shopping service for seniors can alleviate physical strain and ensure you get all of the groceries you need.
Shopping Services for the Elderly
A grocery shopping service for seniors can be affordable and stress-free.
Blue Arrow care can provide a light senior shopping service through caregivers and companion care.
Shopping Tips for the Elderly
It’s important to take care of yourself while shopping. Here are some elderly shopping suggestions.
- Make a shopping list to prepare for several days of meals.
- Check your grocery stores for senior discount days.
- Note your favorite brands on your list. If you prefer a certain brand of milk, be sure to jot that down so you don’t get it confused with other countless options in the aisles.
- When browsing the aisles, remember specific ingredients or foods you need to avoid. Writing these ingredients down in the upper-righthand corner of your list may be helpful.
- Shop at larger chain stores with wider aisles and parking spaces to allow easy movement.
- Bring reading glasses to examine small print.
- Keep yourself in the store’s perimeter, where the healthiest food is often located.
- Do not shop on an empty stomach. Studies have proven that shopping before eating leads to more impulse buys.
For any queris call us +44 7706 315213 +44 2085 463945