With temperatures set to soar over the next few days and a heatwave announced by the Met Office, we all need to play our part in keeping our loved ones and elderly neighbours safe this summer.
Extremely hot weather poses a number of health risks and those particularly vulnerable are babies and young children; the elderly; and people with serious chronic conditions.
The main risks, as outlined by the NHS, are:
• Heat exhaustion/heatstroke.
To help you and your loved ones stay safe during the hot weather, we are sharing some top tips.
Stay out of the heat:
• Keep out of the sun between 11.00am and 3.00pm
• If you have to go out in the heat, walk in the shade, apply sunscreen and wear a hat
• Wear light, loose-fitting cotton clothes
Cool yourself down:
• Have plenty of cold drinks, and avoid excess alcohol, caffeine and hot drinks
• Eat cold foods, particularly salads and fruit with a high water content
• Take a cool shower, bath or body wash
• Sprinkle water over the skin or clothing, or keep a damp cloth on the back of your neck
For more tips and advice, visit the NHS website: https://www.nhs.uk/…/h…/heatwave-how-to-cope-in-hot-weather/
In addition to home care services, our carefully screened aides can perform in-home duties like light housework, personal care, meals, medication reminders and transportation. And, all our “cream of the crop” Blue Arrow Care services can be individually personalized into an affordable package that’ll put your mind at ease! To learn more about Blue Arrow Care now, or to schedule a FREE consultation with a case manager for a senior in
- Hampton court
- Hampton wick
- Thames Ditton
- Long Ditton